Mannington® ADURAMax® Luxury Vinyl Care & Maintenance
You can protect your Mannington® ADURAMax® floor by:
- Using non-staining mats that are not rubber-backed, latex-backed or coco fiber mats doormats outside each entrance helps prevent dirt, sand, grit, oil, asphalt and driveway sealer from being tracked into your home.
- Minimizing potential staining from asphalt track-in by coating your driveway with a latex-based driveway sealer.
- Closing your curtains or blinds to prevent sunlight from fading or discoloring the floor.
- Supporting your furniture with wider non-pigmented, hard plastic or felt (non-rusting), floor protectors at least one inch in diameter. If your furniture has casters, a minimum 3/4" flat surface is recommended, or use floor protectors.
- To move heavy furniture and/or appliances, always use strips of wood or hardboard runways even if you have an appliance dolly.
Mannington® ADURAMax® Floors Maintenance
- Sweeping your floor regularly (at least once per week) will protect against pitting and scratching.
- Wiping up spills promptly will guard against staining.
- Mopping with Mannington® Award Series® Rinse-Free Cleaner is recommended when dirt builds up. A solution of 2 to 3 capfuls of Award Series® Cleaner (or clear, non-sudsy ammonia) in one gallon of warm water will keep your floor clean and shiny. Note: More than the recommended amount of cleaning solution may dull the finish as will soap and detergent products. Rinsing provides the best method of care even when using [product_manufacturer]'s Rinse-Free Cleaner.
- ADURAMax® floors feature a low-gloss finish, so apply Mannington®'s Award Series® High-Gloss Polish if you wish to make the floor shiny. High-traffic areas may require more than one application of polish, and be sure to allow the polish to dry "tack-free" between coats.
- If you choose to use a polish for a higher shine finish, you may need to occasionally strip and reapply the polish to maintain the look you desire. Mannington®'s Award Series® Heavy Duty Cleaner and Stripper will take off polish build-up without damaging your floor. Never use wax or buff your floor.
ADURAMax® Flooring Stain Solver chart and Directions
Mannington® ADURAMax® floors are resistant to stains associated with normal use, and most spills should wipe up easily. Some types of spills, however, may require special care. A chart is provided below that addresses various types of problem stains. Please read through the general directions which follow before you move to the directions for your specific type of stain removal to ensure the best results.
- Begin with the first step and only perform as many steps in order as necessary to solve your problem.
- We recommend using a clean, white cloth, frequently moving to a clean area of the cloth so as not to spread the stain further.
- Use clean water to rinse after each step; and, allow area to dry before moving to the next step.
- If the process of removing the stain removal results in a difference in glossiness you can apply polish to your floor to restore the gloss.
- If you have a stain not covered in the chart below, please call Mannington® Customer Care at 1-800-FLOOR-US (1-800-356-6787) for assistance.
- Scrape gummy surfaces with a dull knife, then clean using Mannington® Award Series® Heavy Duty Cleaner and Stripper. For best results use a soft nylon pad or brush with soft bristles. Using a white cloth, apply the solution to the stain, cover, and allow to stand up to 1 hour. Then, wipe with clean cloth, and rinse with clear water.
Tar, Oil, Asphalt, Grease, Wax, Paint (oil-based)
- With a dull knife, scrape off excess spill. Then, clean using Mannington® Award Series® Heavy Duty Cleaner and Stripper and a soft bristled brush, or soft nylon pad.
Scuffs, Marks, Scratches
- Using a clean white cloth dampened with lighter fluid, painter's naphtha or isopropyl alcohol, lightly rub the mark until it is removed.
Minor Cuts, Burns
- Cover the area to prevent further damage and contact Mannington® for advice.
- Remove excess stain agent using a dull knife; then, apply Mannington® Award Series® Heavy Duty Cleaner and Stripper with a soft bristled brush or nylon pad. Wipe with lighter fluid, painter's naphtha or isopropyl alcohol on a clean, white cloth. Finally, place a clean, white cloth saturated with a diluted bleach solution over the stain. Cover and allow to stand for up to 1 hour; then, wipe with clean white cloth and rinse.
- Clean using Mannington® Award Series® Heavy Duty Cleaner and Stripper, soft nylon pad/soft bristle brush. Place a clean, white cloth saturated with a diluted bleach solution over the stain. Cover and allow to stand for up to 1 hour; then, wipe with clean white cloth and rinse.
Crayon, Ink, Hair Dye, Permanent Marker
- Clean using Mannington® Award Series® Heavy Duty Cleaner and Stripper, soft nylon pad or soft bristle brush and using a clean, white cloth dampened with lighter fluid, painter's naphtha or isopropyl alcohol, wipe the area until the stain is gone. Rinse with clear water and a clean cloth.
CAUTION: Mineral spirits, lighter fluid, painter's naphtha, and isopropyl alcohol are flammable liquids. Please follow precautions listed on the container.