Propeller Brown Array by Shaw Industries
Array Propeller Brown is a resilient floor from Shaw Industries luxury vinyl plank/tile that can be installed on, above, and below grade. Because it is FloorScore® certified, Array Propeller Brown luxury vinyl flooring has passed stringent tests for formaldehyde and other volatile organic compounds.Array Array features the most popular looks in hardwood and natural rock flooring. Whether glue down or the Fold N Go locking system, Array provides the easiest LVP/LVT installation for your project.
Downloadable PDF spec-sheets
Array and Indoor Air Quality
*Shaw Industries' Array Propeller Brown is FloorScore® Certified which means it has passed a third-party certification system for Indoor Air Quality.
Array relies on SCS as a third party verifier to test and certify the products' low vapor emission property. If the product passes these tests, a FloorScore® product certification designation is awarded. Array is proud to be FloorScore® certified.
Proper steps for maintaining Array
Newly Installed Floor Care
- After installation, all traffic and furniture should stay off the floor for at least 24 hours to allow the adhesive to dry. Do not wash any installation for 5 days.
- Upon completion of the installation, sweep or vacuum thoroughly and remove any adhesive residue from surface. Mineral spirits are fine for this. Lightly damp mop with ready-to-use Shaw Industries Hard Surface Cleaner or the recommended dilution ratio on the label of Shaw Industries Hard Surface Cleaner concentrate. Remove any scuffs and excessive soil by careful scrubbing. Certain types of rubber heel marks may be removed by rubbing with a cloth dampened in mineral spirits.
- In order to prevent indentations and scratches, provide glass, plastic, or other non-staining cups with flat under-surfaces not less than 2" in width for the legs of heavy furniture with broad surface non-staining casters at least 2" in diameter. Remove small diameter buttons from the legs of straight chairs and replace with metal glides that have bearing surfaces not less than 1" in diameter.
How to protect Array floor
- Protect your floors against burns. Burns from the glowing end of a cigarette, matches, or other extremely hot items can damage luxury vinyl floors.
- Do not flood floor, subject to frequent standing water, or use in high-moisture areas. Flood mopping, hosing, and frequent spills can loosen adhesive.
- Protect your floor from tracked-in-dirt and grit particles by using non-staining mats at all outside entrances. Take time to remove any imbedded grit particles from shoe soles before entering the room. Avoid the use of rubber-backed mats, as certain rubber compunds can permanently stain vinyl. Avoid tracking in tar or asphalt from driveways, as this can also discolor vinyl. Avoid the use of stiletto heels on your floor. They can cause permanent damage. Do not use vinegar, one-step cleaner/polishes, or oil soaps on Shaw Industries luxury vinyl products.
- All Shaw Industries luxury vinyl floors have a good resistance to stains. They are not affected by most common household spills; however, any spill should be cleaned up immediately. The longer the spilled materials are left on the floor, the greater the risk of permanently staining the floor. For information regarding the proper method or solution to use on a specific stain, contact the Shaw Industries Information Center at 800-441-7429.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods. During peak sunlight can result in discoloration, and excessive tempatures might cause tile expansion.
- Do not use vinegar as a cleaning agent on Shaw Industries luxury vinyl products. Wet mop as part of routine maintenance using Shaw Industries's Hard Surface Cleaner.
- Remember, the most effective part of any floor maintenance program is the simplest: sweep, dust mop, or vacuum your Shaw Industries luxury vinyl flooring daily, or more frequently if needed.
General Care and Maintaining Array floor
Proper care will help protect and maintain the appearance and performance of your Shaw Industries luxury vinyl floor. A care program consists of key areas: 1) Preventative maintenance; 2) Routine maintenance; and 3) Spot and spill removal. Allow the recommended minimum of 24 hours before moving heavy objects. New floors should not be saturated or wet cleaned for 5 days after installation. Only damp mopping is recommended between installation and the 5-day period.
- Always protect floors when moving heavy objects to prevent permanent scratches and tears. The use of plywood and heavy cardboard are examples of protective barriers.
- use appropriate wide floor protectors under tables, chair, and any other heavy home furnishing to avoid permanent damage.
- Walk-off mats should be used at all entrances to absorb soil and moisture. If mats are placed directly on top of luxury vinyl, use mats without latex or rubber backings to avoid possible discoloration.
- Daily removal of dirt and dust of your Array Propeller Brown floor is important to prevent particles from abrading the surface of luxury vinyl floors. Sweeping, dust mopping, and vacuuming are recommendations to remove soil particles that can result in scratches and worn appearances. Do not use vacuums with rotating beater bars on hard surfaces.
- Periodic wet cleaning will be necessary to help maintain the Array's appearance. Always pre-vacuum or dust mop prior to any type of wet cleaning. Appropriate vinyl floor cleaning equipment and cleaning agents (neutral pH cleaners) are recommended. Do not use abrasive cleaners or cleaning agents that leave dull residues on the surface of the floors. Follow the cleaning manufacturer's instructions for damp mopping and application. If rinsing is necessary, use clean water and expedite drying with air movers or fans.
Spot and Spill Removal of your Array floor:
NOTE: Shaw Industries's R2X Hard Surfaces Flooring Cleaner and Shaw Industries's EPA/Dfe Green Formula Hard Surfaces Flooring Cleaner are recommended for general spotting and cleaning.
- Shaw Industries's flooring products are engineered to resist and minimize common staining.
- Absorb wet spills as quickly as possible by blotting with white paper or cloth towels. Rinse with water if necessary and blot dry.
- Dried spots should be removed by gentle agitation and rinsed with water. Blot dry.
- Use Shaw Industries's R2X Hard Surface cleaning products or products formulated for vinyl floor cleaning. Do not use detergents or abrasive cleaners since these products can leave a dull residue.
- Use rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) with a clean white cloth for spots requiring a solvent type cleaner that water and cleaning agents cannot remove.
Safety caution: The surfaces of luxury vinyl floors change during wet cleaning and finish applications. Use appropriate safety measures.
|Brand Name||Shaw Luxury Vinyl|
|Product Collection||Aviator Plank|
|Country of Manufacture|
|Wear Layer Thickness||.12 mil|
|Dimensions||6" x 48" x 3.2mm|
|Mindful Shopper Label||Not Defined|
|Sample Types Available||No Sample Available|
|Unit of Measure||Sq Ft.|