Earhart Brown is a resilient floor that is also a luxury vinyl plank. Avaiator Plank is a new locking product from Shaw Floors, and is warm underfoot for cold wintery days, and cool underfoot during the hotter months. The locking mechanism on this Earhart Brown resilient floor is called VersaLock, which reliably secures the flooring planks on all four sides without the need for adhesives, and is designed to be a floating floor that should never be secured to the subfloor. Additionally, the VersaLock floor can be installed on, above, or below grade. Another, great aspect of Earhart Brown is that if you happen to spill water on the Aviator Plank, take your time wiping because this luxury vinyl plank is waterproof.
Aviator Plank features the most popular looks in hardwood flooring and exceeds NALFA's Caster Chair Test.
Earhart Brown Warranty
- 15 Year - This Earhart Brown luxury vinyl plank is warranted not to stain or wear through, will not fade as a result of direct sunlight or artificial light and will resist water damage under normal use conditions.
- 5 Year Light Commercial Warranty
Details of Earhart Brown
- Installation: Float
- Size/Packaging: 6" x 48" x 3.2mm Planks
- Construction: Engineered
- Finish: Polyurethane
- Completely waterproof
- Acclimation - 24 to 48 hours
Downloadable PDF spec-sheets
Earhart Brown & Indoor Air Quality
Recent issues in the news regarding floors and formaldehyde have surfaced concerns among consumers. Formaldehyde is used in manufacturing for its binding properties. Consumers have legitimate worries about the release of volatile organic vapors after installation. To address this concern, products are engineered to minimize this issue. Third party testing organizations certify a product's characteristic property to release vapors after installation. Shaw® Aviator Plank relies on SCS Global Services as a third party to test and certify the product's low vapor emission property. This certification is called FloorScore. Earhart Brown is FloorScore certified, which means it has passed stringent indoor air quality tests. Download the test results here; to find out more about formaldehyde click here; to find out more about FloorScore click here.
Proper steps for maintaining Earhart Brown
Newly Installed Floor Care
- After installation, all traffic and furniture should stay off the floor for at least 24 hours to allow the adhesive to dry. Do not wash any installation for 5 days.
- Upon completion of the installation, sweep or vacuum thoroughly and remove any adhesive residue from surface. Mineral spirits are fine for this. Lightly dampmop with ready-to-use Shaw Hard Surface Cleaner or the recommended dilution ratio on the label of Shaw Hard Surface Cleaner concentrate. Remove any scuffs and excessive soil by careful scrubbing. Certain types of rubber heel marks may be removed by rubbing with a cloth dampened in mineral spirits.
- In order to prevent indentations and scratches, provide glass, plastic, or other non-staining cups with flat under-surfaces not less than 2" in width for the legs of heavy furniture with broad surface non-staining casters at least 2" in diameter. Remove small diameter buttons from the legs of straight chairs and replace with metal glides that have bearing surfaces not less than 1" in diameter.
How to protect Earhart Brown flooring
- Protect your floors against burns. Burns from the glowing end of a cigarette, matches, or other extremely hot items can damage resilient floors.
- Do not flood floor, subject to frequent standing water, or use in high-moisture areas. Flood mopping, hosing, and frequent spills can loosen adhesive.
- Protect your floor from tracked-in-dirt and grit particles by using non-staining mats at all outside entrances. Take time to remove any imbedded grit particles from shoe soles before entering the room. Avoid the use of rubber-backed mats, as certain rubber compunds can permanently stain vinyl. Avoid tracking in tar or asphalt from driveways, as this can also discolor vinyl. Avoid the use of stiletto heels on your floor. They can cause permanent damage. Do not use vinegar, one-step cleaner/polishes, or oil soaps on Shaw resilient products.
- All Shaw resilient floors have a good resistance to stains. They are not affected by most common household spills; however, any spill should be cleaned up immediately. The longer the spilled materials are left on the floor, the greater the risk of permanently staining the floor. For information regarding the proper method or solution to use on a specific stain, contact the Shaw Information Center at 800-441-7429.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods. During peak sunlight can result in discoloration, and excessive tempatures might cause tile expansion.
- Do not use vinegar as a cleaning agent on Shaw resilient products. Wet mop as part of routine maintenance using Shaw's Hard Surface Cleaner.
- Remember, the most effective part of any floor maintenance program is the simplest: sweep, dust mop, or vacuum your Shaw resilient flooring daily, or more frequently if needed.
General Care and Maintaining Earhart Brown luxury vinyl planks
Proper care will help protect and maintain the appearance and performance of your Shaw resilient floor. A care program consists of key areas: 1) Preventative maintenance; 2) Routine maintenance; and 3) Spot and spill removal. Allow the recommended minimum of 24 hours before moving heavy objects. New floors should not be saturated or wet cleaned for 5 days after installation. Only damp mopping is recommended between installation and the 5-day period.
- Always protect floors when moving heavy objects to prevent permanent scratches and tears. The use of plywood and heavy cardboard are examples of protective barriers.
- use appropriate wide floor protectors under tables, chair, and any other heavy home furnishing to avoid permanent damage.
- Walk-off mats should be used at all entrances to absorb soil and moisture. If mats are placed directly on top of resilient, use mats without latex or rubber backings to avoid possible discoloration.
- Daily removal of dirt and dust of your Earhart Brown, Aviator Plank floor is important to prevent particles from abrading the surface of resilient floors. Sweeping, dust mopping, and vacuuming are recommendations to remove soil particles that can result in scratches and worn appearances. Do not use vacuums with rotating beater bars on hard surfaces.
- Periodic wet cleaning will be necessary to help maintain the Earhart Brown's appearance. Always pre-vacuum or dust mop prior to any type of wet cleaning. Appropriate vinyl floor cleaning equipment and cleaning agents (neutral pH cleaners) are recommended. Do not use abrasive cleaners or cleaning agents that leave dull residues on the surface of the floors. Follow the cleaning manufacturer's instructions for damp mopping and application. If rinsing is necessary, use clean water and expedite drying with air movers or fans.
Spot and Spill Removal of your Earhart Brown floor:
NOTE: Shaw's R2X Hard Surfaces Flooring Cleaner and Shaw's EPA/Dfe Green Formula Hard Surfaces Flooring Cleaner are recommended for general spotting and cleaning.
- Shaw's flooring products are engineered to resist and minimize common staining.
- Absorb wet spills as quickly as possible by blotting with white paper or cloth towels. Rinse with water if necessary and blot dry.
- Dried spots should be removed by gentle agitation and rinsed with water. Blot dry.
- Use Shaw's R2X Hard Surface cleaning products or products formulated for vinyl floor cleaning. Do not use detergents or abrasive cleaners since these products can leave a dull residue.
- Use rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) with a clean white cloth for spots requiring a solvent type cleaner that water and cleaning agents cannot remove.
Please note that some stain conditions may become permanent. Contact Shaw at 800-441-7429.
Safety caution: The surfaces of resilient floors change during wet cleaning and finish applications. Use appropriate safety measures.
Last Updated: May 27, 2015
|Sample Types Available||No Sample Available|
|Product Collection||Aviator Plank|
|Dimensions||6" x 48" x 3.2mm|
|Best Use Location||Above / At / Below Grade|
|Wear Layer Thickness||.12 mil|
|Mindful Shopper Label||SCS FloorScore|
|Unit of Measure||Sq Ft.|
Customers who bought this product also commonly purchased the following combination of items.