- 170 lbs. Whirlpool
- 135 lbs. Plain Weight
- 128 Gals. Maximum
- 87 Gals. Minimum
Six center-air induction jets with adjustable direction and flow rate, powered by a 3/4 hp pump rated at 72 gallons per minute developing pressure of 23lbs.
Inspection & Shipping Claim
Upon receiving tub, inspect unit for shipping damage. Products Direct is not responsible for damage sustained during shipping. If damage is evident notify carrier immediately and note damage on shipping documents, as all units are fully inspected before leaving the factory and are shipped FOB. Spurlin bathtubs are not intended for the aftermarket installation of whirlpool jets or system. Drilling holes other than for valves or faucets will void warranty. The Spurlin warranty is limited solely to the replacement of a faulty tub and does not include the complete cost of tear-out or rebuilding to a finished state.
Important Pre-installation Planning
Floor must support 50lbs per square foot
DO NOT LIFT OR HANDLE UNIT BY JETS OR PIPING.
Protect the interior finish of the tub throughout framing and installation. A polystyrene tub liner is available as an option with Spurlin bathtubs. Service access with clearance of a minimum of 14" x 16" must be provided for access to service connections. Drain/Waste and overflow pipe stub must be located in wall or floor to match the horizontal or vertical tee opening. Provide a 6" x 12" drain opening in sub floor or slab. Tub decks are constructed with zero draft and are not recommended for use as showers.
The unit should be connected to a 115 volt supply circuit that is protected by a ground fault circuit interrupt GFCI. The 115 volt 60 cycle pump requires 9.2 amps. See wiring diagram attached to the pump. The pump is fitted with a three prong electrical cord ready to be plugged into the 115 GFCI.
Care & Operating Instructions
We at Spurlin Industries are dedicated to quality and service. Because of this we have comprised a few suggestions to help aid you in the safe and trouble free operation of your new tub.
- Never run the motor dry. This will result in burning of the seal and leaking will occur. Make sure water level is above all outlets.
- Do not block suction fittings during operation. Keep all loose objects from the fittings such as wash cloths, hair, etc.
- Do not use abrasive cleansers to clean tubs. Use warm water and liquid detergents.
- All jets are individually operational for your added pleasure. Turn clockwise to reduce water flow. Also, you may change the direction of flow by moving center part of the jet to desired position.
- The air control valve (located at the rim of the tub) is used to control the amount of air to the jets.
- When using bubble bath, fill tub first, then turn on the whirlpool, then add bubble bath. Otherwise you might have more bubbles than you bargained for.
- To reduce soap and bacteria build-up in the water lines, we suggest the following procedures:
- Approximately once a month, fill the tub with hot water and two tablespoons of low sudsing dishwasher detergent such as Cascade.
- Run the whirlpool for approximately five minutes and drain
- Drain the tub and fill with all cold water.
- Run for approximately five minutes and drain.
If you have any questions, please call us direct at 1-800-749-4475
Important Safety Instructions
WARNING: When using this unit, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS
- DANGER: To reduce the risk of injury, do not permit children to use this unit unless they are closely supervised at all times.
- Use this unit only for its intended use directed in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not operate this unit without the guard over the suction fitting.
- The unit must be connected only to a supply circuit that is protected by a ground -fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Such a GFCI should be provided by installer and should be tested on a routine basis. To test the GFCI, push the button. The GFCI should interrupt power. Push the reset button. Power should be restored. If the GFCI fails to operate in this manner, there is a good ground current flowing, indicating the possibility of an electric shock. Do not use this unit. Disconnect the unit and have the problem corrected by a service representative before using.
- A green colored terminal (or a wire connector marked "G", "GR", "Ground", or "Grounding") is provided within the terminal compartment. To reduce the risk of electric shock, connect this terminal or connector to the grounding terminal of your electric service or supply panel with a continuous green insulated copper wire, equivalent in size to the circuit conductors supplying this equipment, but no smaller than No. 12 AWG (3.3mm2).
- Save the instructions that come with your unit, or print and save these instructions.
Limited Warranty Information
Spurlin Industries, Inc. warrants all bathtub shells to be free from defects in materials and workmanship in the finish for a period of one year and the structure for a period of five years.
In addition to the shell, Spurlin Industries, Inc. warrants the whirlpool system to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year. This warranty excludes parts of the whirlpool system manufactured by others that are covered under that manufacturer's warranty.
Spurlin Industries, Inc. will, at its option, repair or replace any defective tub or part of the whirlpool system that proves to be defective.
At no time will Spurlin Industries, Inc. be liable for more than the original purchase price of the tub or whirlpool tub.
Spurlin Industries, Inc. does not warrant against the cost of replacement or damages resulting from replacement of the defective tub or whirlpool system parts.
It shall remain the responsibility of the customer to insure the tub purchases are designed for their particular installations.
For this warranty to be effective, you must fill out and send in the warranty card included with your unit.
|Capacity||71 gal - 90 gal|
|Dimensions||59 9/16" x 59 1/6" x 18 3/4"|
|Height||20" or less|
|Length||60" - 63"|
|Pump Capacity||1 1/4 HP Pump|
|Warranty||Spurlin Industries, Inc. warrants all bathtub shells to be free from defects in materials and workmanship in the finish for a period of one year and the structure for a period of five years.|
Customers who bought this product also commonly purchased the following combination of items.
- This Item: Ivory White Spurlin Duke Drop In Whirlpool
- Lucca Stairnose Molding by Shaw
- Old Gold T-Molding by Shaw
- Coat Of Arms Threshold Molding by Shaw
- Cool Khaki Reducer by Shaw
- 480mm CC Bar Cabinet Pull, Satin Nickel
- Gunstock Symphonic 5 Inch Plank Sample
- Georgia Pecan Americana
- Price for all: $1,295.94